Thursday, September 20, 2007

Liberal candidate Ian Wilson (Randy Hillier's opponent) endorses MMP

Another Ontario Liberal candidate running in rural Ontario is endorsing the Citizens' Assembly's recommendation for change in the October 10th referendum.

Ian Wilson, Liberal candidate in Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox & Addington, says he's in favour of Mixed Member Proportional.

"I am in favour of MMP and would be willing to have my name added to [your] website," says Wilson in an email to Liberals For MMP member Tricia Waldron.

"I laboured over this a bit then was asked the question at an all-candidates meeting on Amherst Island. I am still concerned about increasing the size of the riding – it is already big enough – but the idea of every vote counting and the legislature representing the will of the electorate by being composed of an equal percentage of representatives to the vote received won me over," says Wilson.

Wilson is facing off this election against far-right Conservative candidate Randy Hillier.

Wilson joins seven other Ontario Liberal candidates endorsing the Citizens' Assembly's recommendation for change: Michael Bryant, John Gerretsen, George Smitherman, Tony Ruprecht, Kate Holloway, Steve Fishman and Selwyn Hicks.

1 comment:

Skinny Dipper said...

I'll add Ian Wilson's riding and party to my MMP candidate chart.